These Italian Zucchini Boats are the fantastic blend of flavors and textures. It is completely cooked juicy zucchini stuffed with Italian sausage, cheese and a great mix of herbs and spices.
Zucchini is a relatives favorite. It is one vegetable, that when cooked suitable, I can get my full family members to eat. Whether I use it in a side, a dessert or a principal dish, we certainly really like this vegetable!
The past number of months have been a very little mad close to the entire world. My feelings and prayers are with you all as we get via this jointly! Becoming inside of a whole lot additional lately has received me again in the kitchen area cooking a large amount much more regularly and utilizing a large amount far more of what we have on hand.
Sausage is something I like to preserve in my freezer. I also continue to keep a range of cheeses in my freezer as properly. I also like to have herbs and spices on hand in my pantry. The primary detail I had to go out and obtain was zucchini but it was Fully value it!
These beauties are loaded with flavor! It has an array of Italian herbs that compliment 1 yet another beautifully.
I hope you love these as a lot as we did. I am going to be sharing heaps of exciting recipes with you to support preserve your plates energetic and colourful even if we are all staying inside for the upcoming minor little bit.
Italian Zucchini Boats
Recipe variety: Evening meal
- 4 to 6 tiny to medium zucchini
- 1 pound very hot Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 7 ounces tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon purple pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 levels F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a huge skillet prepare dinner sausage with the onions around medium higher heat right until cooked via completely. Drain off extra fat.
- Add tomato sauce, purple pepper flakes, oregano, and salt. Carry to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Clear away from heat and established aside
- Slice zucchini lengthwise and diligently scrape out the center, removing all seeds. (Make certain it is deep enough so that you can fill them generously.)
- Place zucchini on lined cookie sheet and fill them with the meat combination.
- Bake for 15 to 22 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Take away from oven and sprinkle cheese in excess of the top and return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes or right up until cheese is melted